Thursday 24 January 2013

It's their 25th silver anniversary with triple news

Today is a very auspicious day. Daddy and mummy is celebrating their very first 25th silver marriage anniversary today.


What are the triple news?
  1. It's parents' 25th marriage anniversary.
  2. Parents' eldest daughter a.k.a my sister is 25 years old this year.
  3. Mother married my daddy when she was 25 years old.
The parents have gone through a mixture of joy and sadness. Love is the thing that makes their marriage stronger and stronger each year.

Their love story?
Mother was a young 16-year-old girl when she met my father who was 20 years old at the time.

No, it was not love at first sight.
Mother's friend kept telling her how Handsome my father was, yet my mother thought  he was UGLY!

Then, I did not know how many months or years that daddy invested before he successfully stole the heart of my mother.


Why my parents are awesome?
My dad has been working for years at different places, different states in order to support the children and wife.

To him, family is the most important thing in the world. That's why he loves the atmosphere of Chinese New Year so that everyone can gather and spend the good time together.

Daddy is the one who prefers to solve problem rather than dwell on the cause. That's why whenever we made mistakes, he did not spend times nagging, scolding us. Instead, he helped us to solve the problem. This one year, I learn his way of solving problem, no more dwelling on past.

My mum is a awesome mother. She wakes up early for her children without even complaining.

Karl  Lagerfeld is right by saying:"The only love that I really believe in is a mother's love for her children.".
Well, I agree with that quote 50% because the other 50% of love I really believe in is a wife's love for her husband.

Us, the children are stubborn and do not obey her sometimes. Yet, she may be sad but then she forgives us after that. She does not hate us at all.



As Sherman Alexie said:
"I think all of us are always five years old in the presence and absence of our parents."

I am really thankful to have such great parents in this world.
Happy 25th Marriage Anniversary!


No comments:

Post a Comment